A MCS Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of our multitenant infrastructure and services. We are seeking a systems expert with operational experience with Microsoft technologies, Linux Operating Systems, Hypervisors and Storage platforms. This is a technical ‘hands on’ challenging position that requires a multitude of skills. Your skills will be put to use in new service deployments, service improvements, troubleshooting and planning and implementing technical changes. This is an ideal opportunity for a skilled IT engineer to make their mark in the cloud.
- To work with technical colleagues in the MCS team deploying new technology and services for customers.
- Liaise with Service Delivery Managers and third parties in order to resolve issues, plan and carry out changes to customer services and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot 4th line technical problems, identify and implement workable solutions, keeping key parties informed of progress and resolution.
- Proactively identify re-occurring problems and suitable mechanisms for minimising these, documenting all configurations.
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or to resolve complex problems.
- To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to enhance existing services and future developments.
- Five (5) years of enterprise Systems Administration experience required
Three of the following required.
- Qualified in VMware ESXi (or many years of experience)
- Expert in leveraging NAS and SAN storage. (Particularly Netapp and vSAN)
- Expert in Load Balancing with Citrix Netscaler.
- Expert in MS Server 2008/12, AD, SQL, Exchange and Hyper-V
- Expert in Enterprise Backup (Commvault, Veeam, Zerto)
- Security and automation in virtual environments (Trend DSM or Vmware NSX/Orchestrator/vDirector)
- Previous Experience in a Service Provider environment.
- Hands on experience in a large IT environment. (multinational / multisite)
- Previous ITIL and SLA based support experience.
- Previous experience taking part in technical escalations
- Proven ability remaining calm and thinking clearly during challenging technical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Redhat certified
- Microsoft Certified
- Citrix Certified
- Vmware Certified.
- Netapp Certified.
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone