Proact are looking for a qualified technical team leader to join their Service Desk team in Scotland. The candidate will be responsible for upskilling junior & senior engineers, act as innovation lead for the service desk & be the technical escalation point for the UK Service Desk. The successful candidate must have a strong IT background, documentation & communication skills and be visionary in developing lab environment, training programs and assessments for internal staff.
- 5+ years’ experience of working within an ITIL compliant environment
- Relevant vendor certifications
- Ideally within VMWare, Microsoft & Linux
- In-depth understanding of data centre infrastructure (e.g. storage, compute, networking etc.)
- Experience in event/incident/problem management and monitoring systems.
- Desire to take ownership of any technical issue to be resolved, and where necessary engage other colleagues.
- Desire to continually improve technical configuration, operational efficiency, and service quality
- Desire to impart knowledge to others and promote a best-practice ethos
- Strong documentation, process adherence & problem-solving skills.
- Act as technical escalation for internal & customer issues
- Technical Innovation:
- Lab Development – enhance our current infrastructure to build training suites for support engineers, all levels.
- Virtual Training – Develop and deliver training on new technologies (e.g. vCloud/NSX/HCI/Public Cloud) to our internal teams.
- Transition – Early adopter to new transition, input into validation & testing, perform solution overviews to UK SD personnel and identify opportunities for knowledge management or health check processes at transition phase.
- Technical Point of Contact between support teams
- Identify and address skills gaps for all service desk teams.
- Participate in continual service improvements for UK Service Desk.
- Overall responsibility of the technical queue’s. Look to drive down incident lifecycle, monitor workflow & look at monitoring trends to help ease workload.
- Identify, promote & implement efficiency improvements for UK Service Desk (specific focus on shift-left opportunities, monitoring amendments & automation within ServiceNow).
- Participate in a 1 in 5 out of hours on call rota.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Storage experience (NetApp, EMC, PURE, HP)
- Virtualization experience (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, O365 & Microsoft SQL
- Experience with public cloud solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting Hardware technologies (HP, Cisco UCS, Dell)
- Understanding of incident & change management procedures.
- Knowledge on Service NOW and/or Logic Monitor
- Private Comprehensive health care cover with AXA
- Company pension Scheme
- 25 Holidays
- 3 charity days fully paid/ year
- Option to purchase another 5 days Annual leave
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone